Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Makes Sense

After reading Steve M's post and Shelley's I did some reflecting about some things that I had not considered. Steve mentioned using 21st Century skills as more than just a form of 'presentation.' I completely agree with this thought. Recently I've had students complete research projects and offered the option of creating a video. Many students chose the video option and I was quite pleased with the results. Students either emailed me their projects or gave me flash drives....a far cry from the traditional 'paper and pencil' that Shelley talked about in her post.

I realized that not only do I need to incorporate these skills in my presenting, but to some degree I need to become more comfortable in offering these types of assignments to the students to see where their creativity takes them.

3 comments:

  1. It would be interesting the class to see some of the student work. Is that possible?

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis-
    This was last year, so unfortunately I've given all the flash drives back...but it was a very interesting project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd recommend you consider retaining samples in the future to highlight student use of the technology.

    Thank you for the update.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete