Thursday, October 8, 2009

Introduction

I am currently a middle school technology teacher, but I began my career as a 6th grade academic teacher. I taught ELA and Math in Walpole for five years while I was completing my master's degree in educational technology. I loved what technology could do for my classroom and stepped into a role of technology teacher leader for my team of grade six teachers. I would work with them to develop lessons which integrated technology. I would also have the opportunity to co-teach with them until they felt comfortable conducting the lesson on their own. I miss that opportunity to collaborate with teachers and often feel disconnected from the core curriculum areas.

It is a challenge to keep current with the technology that is available today and that is infused in our students' lives.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Rebecca, technology can be challenging. I used to think technology was synonymous with 'easy,' but clearly it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca--I never knew this! Do you have any of your 6th grade math and ELA resources? I obviously have things that I've acquired over the last few years, but I'm always looking for more ideas...So if you have things lying around (especially technology resources!), I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete