Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wizard of Apps

Joyce Valenza's presentation on the Wizard of Apps was both entertaining and informative. She addressed many areas that have concerned me and offered numerous resources Unfortunately, I found it difficult to see the printed word on her presentation as it was blurry (despite my new glasses). She did offer other methods for viewing her material. I found her overall presentation to be a great resource and something that I could see myself returning to when looking for new apps to try. The quality of the video and rate of presentation did not allow me to gather all of the facts in the first viewing, but I now know of one location where I could gain a lot of ideas and sites to try. One of my personal concerns has been the public aspect of the digital footprint I have been creating and I have become worried when I have googled myself, as well as when I have googled my children. I now know of some other tools for looking at our footprints and will research them. I am also interested in looking further into the videos Joyce referenced regarding privacy settings on facebook and looking at the thatsnotcool website. The options out there are vast and exciting. The exploration of these sites is an ongoing endeavor and I am pleased that I have been taking these initial steps since September. These are only the first steps of what will be a marathon, or perhaps just daily jogs. What is most important is that I am now willing to take those steps for that little jog and expand my ways that I had not previously considered. It was also interesting to me that when a presentation incorporates pieces with which I personally connect, the investment of at least this viewer increases significantly. I found myself smiling and nodding along as I viewed this video. To summarize my current journey (music please), Twitters and wikis and blogs, OH MY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment