Monday, January 18, 2010

Twitter for awards announcements

Twitter has come back into my web2.0 life. As I write, I'm also following tweets from the ALA conference award announcements - Newbery, Caldecott, Coretta Scott King,... It's really kind of cool to see twitter "in action." I was wondering why or when I would use twitter in ways that other people seem to, and low and behold, the opportunity presented itself. The article Why Twitter Will Endure makes a little more sense to me now.

From the article: "Twitter becomes an always-on data stream from really bright people in their respective fields, whose tweets are often full of links to incredibly vital, timely information." Cool to see this in action. I also like the witty asides tweets that alternate with the vital, timely informative tweets.

Uh oh. Last tweet was 8 minutes ago. I know something must be going on. Need to investigate further. Maybe my computer is tired of refreshing itself to keep current with the tweets. Is there a better way to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment