Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review of Digiteen Projects

I decided to watch this video because we have an 8th grade course at the middle school which is entirely devoted to the teaching of Digital Citizenship. I was hoping to see ways in which the concepts are taught, but I enjoyed watching the examples of the projects that were created.

Project based learning does allow students to develop a deeper sense of a concept. They present it in a manner that makes sense to their learning style. Some of the projects were very powerful. The first one was set up as a public service announcement which addressed the issue of driving while texting (DWT). I also thought the example of stealing online was done well.

I would have like more information about how they conducted their research with their global partners. This brought in a collaboration piece that we have talked about in this course. I did visit the Digiteens website and was still not clear on how they managed their partnerships or what exactly they did with their partners.

Bottom line, it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment