Monday, November 16, 2009

Blogging Standards: To have or not to have?

As I signed in to my blog, contemplating the content of my post, an article about blogging standards caught my eye, "Blogging on the Brink: Time to Set Standards" (I tried to make my title link to the website, but to no avail. I'll work on that tomorrow when I am more alert.) Since I teach social skills and encourage students to take responsibility for what they say and do, I was pleasantly pleased to see that some bloggers are raising the bar when it comes to posting blogs. While some continue to take a wild west approach to blogging, there is an increasing trend towards holding bloggers accountable for their posted comments. I agree that standards are necessary for responsible blogging as opposed to an "anything goes" policy for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment